Friday, March 9, 2012

Tortellini Soup


This is my FAVORITE soup!  This is my sister in-laws recipe and she knows how to cook!  We always make this recipe on cold winter days at my house.  It makes a lot of soup so it's a good meal to make for a big group.  This is my go to soup because it is so easy and it tastes like Christmas morning :)  I hope everyone enjoys this recipe as much as I do.

Ingredients

7-8 cans Italian diced tomatoes
4 cans beef broth
1 big bag green beans
2 lb. sausage, browned and drained
2 big zucchinis
2 bags tortellini

Directions


Step 1: In a large pot poor in Italian diced tomatoes, beef broth, and green beans.  Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.  Let soup simmer for 1 hour.






Step 2: Brown sausage in a frying pan and add into soup.  Cut the zucchini into small cubes and add to soup.  
Step 4: Add tortellini into soup and mix together with the other ingredients.  Simmer for 45 minutes.


1 comment: