Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chicken Pillows


Chicken Pillows are my husbands favorite.  He is always begging me to make them for dinner.  Both of our moms make a version of chicken pillows, but I decided to put up my mother in-laws recipe.  I know I say this all the time, but I love this recipe because it has my favorite things, cream cheese and butter.

Ingredients 
1 pkg 8 oz cream cheese
2 c. cooked cubed chicken
2 to 3 T. milk
2 T. chopped celery (diced)
1 T. chopped onion
3 T. melted butter
8 oz. pkg crescent rolls

Bread crumbs mixture
3/4 c. bread crumbs
2 T. melted butter

Gravy mixture
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 can milk

Directions


Step 1: Chop up cooked chicken into cubes and place into large mixing bowl.
Step 2: Mix chicken, cream cheese, milk, copped celery, chopped onion, and melted butter in large bowl until smooth.
Step 3: In a separate bowl mix bread crumbs and 2 T. melted butter together.
Step 4: Unroll individual crescent rolls and spoon 2 T. chicken mixture to each crescent.  Roll filled crescents into bread crumb mixture and evenly spread on a baking sheet.  Bake at 350 for 16-19 minutes (or till golden brown)
Step 5: While chicken pillows are cooking heat up gravy.  In a small pan mix cream of chicken soup and milk.  Put the stove to medium heat and warm gravy mixture till the sides are slightly bubbling. Drizzle gravy over chicken pillows and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment